Posted Jul 19, 2020
Steward - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Job Number EMEAA17995
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Europe, Middle East, Asia & Africa » Australia » Queensland » Hayman Island
Are you seeking an opportunity where you can combine a personal adventure with a career journey like no other?
Fancy living in a world heritage area where the Whitsundays is your back yard and residing in a community that provides a dynamic and diverse living experience whilst you kick amazing life experiences off your list? And then, when you’re at work, grow and develop your hospitality experience within a luxury service environment.
Yes? Read on; because we’ve got five full time, 40 hours per week, live on island opportunities for Stewards.
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
Nestled at the northernmost point of the Whitsundays, InterContinental Hayman Island Resort is located on Australia’s most iconic private island. Surrounded by verdant cliffs, crescent-shaped white beaches and celestial-blue sea, the Resort presents a spectacular sensory experience teeming with natural beauty and mindful enrichment. From the moment our guests step off their seaplane, helicopter or luxury yacht, they will discover an idyllic destination of privacy and pampering; where 168 beautifully-appointed rooms, basking in private pools, indulging in culinary artistry and soulful spa treatments are just the beginning.As we work towards reopening, we are now seeking motivated and dynamic professionals to join our team and bring the InterContinental life alive.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand as a part of our wider Food & Beverage team.
Boasting a grand palette of innovation; unique banquet offering and five restaurants and bars will present an eclectic array off gastronomic delights and extraordinary local flavour. Each experience enriched by an otherworldly setting of tropical rainforests or the crystal waters of the Coral Sea, from the beachfront Pool to the reimagined dining icon, Pacific. Adding a passionate and worldly team who can bring the InterContinental Life alive is the last puzzle piece for the Resort’s delivery of rich and personal experiences.
Working within the reimagined restaurants, bars and event offerings on the island, your passion for cleanliness and hygiene will be critical in supporting our Culinary and Restaurants & Bars Team to bring it all to life. Taking pride in our workspaces and giving our team the benefit of your organisation and expertise, you’ll partner with them and our Chief Steward to ensure health, hygiene and food safety is paramount and a daily focus within the kitchens and front of house restaurant, cafe and bar spaces. You’ll get in amongst it all; cleaning and maintaining kitchen equipment and the premises, whilst upholding hygienic standards and practices.
Your day to day will include
- Maintaining cleanliness of kitchen and storage areas including the cleaning industrial kitchen appliances, such as stoves, grills, freezers and ovens.
- Maintaining an efficient supply of cleaned dishes, glassware, cutlery, utensils and equipment during service periods.
- Ensuring all event and restaurant requirements are set up, proper preparation carried out and equipment supplied.
- Empty rubbish bins, collecting all empty bottles, boxes, crates etc. storing or destroying them according to policies and procedures.
So if you’re passionate about food hygiene and health and looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role within the Kitchen Brigade - this is your opportunity to work in this unique environment and fast track your career.
Our stewards must have:
- A minimum of one years experience in a similar role in a hotel or resort environment, or high volume restaurant or events centre.
- Possess great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with customers.
- A working knowledge and understanding of HACCP procedures, including the training of colleagues in procedures.
- The ability to relocate and live on Hayman Island, Whitsundays from August 2020 onwards and be comfortable with the gross hourly rate of $20.07 in line with the Off-Shore Island Resorts Certified Agreement 2006. This role is also eligible for subsidised living costs.
You must also hold the appropriate work rights to work within Australia and have flexibility to work a varied roster including, late evenings, weekends and public holidays in order to support the operation.
IHG are more than just great places to stay, we are also one of Australia’s best employers. We are looking for exceptional people like you to greet the world and be the spark that makes us even better.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
We will give you every opportunity to grow vertically, functionally, geographically, and personally. As part of the IHG family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, the world is your oyster - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.