Posted Oct 18, 2020
Maintenance Representative - Crowne Plaza White Plains New York
Job Number R183027
Americas » United States » New York » White Plains
Report This Job
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, painting or gardening, at IHG we’re interested in YOU.
The Crowne Plaza White Plains is a well known landmark hotel in the Westchester, White Plains area. Located in the heart of the downtown district, this hotel enjoys an upscale and affluent clientele. The Crowne Plaza White Plains boasts an excellent local reputation and has served as host for many of Westchester’s most prestigious corporate and social clients.
By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our goal of creating great hotels guests love. We currently have a position available for Full Time Maintenance Representative
This will be an excellent opportunity for an outstanding individual who share our passion for taking care of our guests. This professionally trained individual must be dedicated to providing customers with prompt enthusiastic service.
Your day to day
Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete minor work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency.
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
- Maintain front entrance area, parking lot and/or garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs and lighting)
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
- Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills and 1+ year(s) of general building maintenance and repair experience. Completion of high school diploma or related vocational training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pulling or pushing items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling other:
- Working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical skills, preventive maintenance procedures, and reasonable understanding of building equipment and hand tools.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other hotel staff and hotel guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day or to read equipment repair manuals.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide and are available as well as access to wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Mostly importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself
So What’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans