Posted Dec 5, 2019
Business Transient Sales Manager - InterContinental Toronto Centre
Job Number AMER00322
Americas » » »
Report This Job
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
JOB OVERVIEW:Develop business through direct sales solicitation for an assigned territory or market segment(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate businesses through direct outside and inside selling to secure business for the hotel to ensure that room night sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded. Actively prospect and qualify new business.
- Achieve personal and team goals as assigned.
- Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders.
- Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients. Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients. Entertain clients in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines.
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
- Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
- Interact with outside contacts: Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction. Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business. Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups)
- May assist in developing and implementing sales plans. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
ACCOUNTABILITY:This job is a sales professional with established sales goals.
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
Some College plus 1-2 years sales or marketing related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related degree preferred. Prior hotel sales experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred. This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- May require a valid Driver’s License.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.